For more information about PCOM's School Psychology Program, click here.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

The day before winter break…

Glittery shirts and scarves, candy canes, and a whole lot of baked goods were spotted at my practicum site the day before winter break. The energy at the middle school was particularly high due to a school-wide bullying awareness assembly. After discussing the current caseload and future assignments with my supervisor at the middle school, I observed a student in 7th grade referred for social/emotional concerns. After observing, I went back to the office and typed up the observation to include in my supervisor’s report. I then headed over to the high school to consult with the guidance counselor about a 10th grade student’s progress. She was referred to IST (Instructional Support Team) so I offered to help in any way that I could since I have been monitoring her progress and consulting with her teachers since the beginning of the year. The IST will gather information and recommend interventions that might help her to succeed. My last activity of the day included attending an IEP meeting for a 12th grade student previously diagnosed with ADHD. The team focused on transition goals and encouraging the student to become an advocate for himself and any support services he may need in college. It was a pretty great day of typing, consulting, observing, and attending meetings... a typical school psychologist day!


In other news, Psych Society collected two full boxes for the CHOP toy drive! Happy holidays everyone! Spend time with loved ones, sleep in a little, and eat lots and lots of unhealthy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment