For more information about PCOM's School Psychology Program, click here.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Friday!


So this week is our break in between fall and winter semester. We’re off for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but we start winter semester this upcoming Monday. We are taking Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Schools, Practicum seminar II, and Academic and Behavioral Interventions in Schools this semester. We have definitely talked about potential interventions prior to this semester, but it will be nice to have a class that solely focuses on the topic.

In other news, I was at my practicum site for a full day today. The 11th grade student that I was going to observe in class was serving (ISS) In School Suspension, so I changed my plans. In the morning, I attended a re-evaluation meeting for a student I tested a few weeks ago. I was able to provide some feedback to the parent, but my supervisor mostly filled the parent in. I hung out with the 12th grade guidance counselor for a good amount of the day, attending meetings and finding out more about the programs offered in the high school through guidance. I was also able to consult with a few teachers about the student I was going to observe to get some background information and consult with the guidance counselor about my case study. At the end of the day, I caught up with my supervisor over at the middle school and discussed some potential future assignments. I won't be at my practicum site until December, so I'll update with news then!

No comments:

Post a Comment